is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child– a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us(either capitalized or not) –SCL-Sensor.Tech.Fabrication GmbH
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 24 months.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Information on the newsletter and consent
We are providing you with the following information to explain the content of our newsletter as well as the registration, dispatch and statistical evaluation processes and your right of objection. By registering for our newsletter, you agree with the described processes and to the receipt of SCL e-mails.
Content of our e-mails (newsletter)
We only send e-mails and other electronic notifications with advertising material (referred to hereinafter as the “newsletter”) with the consent of the recipients or legal permission. If specific content of the newsletter is altered during the registration process, this content is essential for the consent of the users. Our e-mails contain information about our products (e.g., how to use the device, what new applications can be performed with it, how it could improve your application and similar). Furthermore, they might contain inspirational content intended to re-ignite and nurish your enthusiasm to get in touch with us or work with our products. Anything that will help you improve your research and be more motivated to become better every day might be included. From time to time we will also send you promotional content.
Double opt-in and recording process
Registration for our newsletter is completed as part of a double opt-in process. This means you will receive an e-mail after registering in which you will be asked to confirm your registration. This confirmation is required so that nobody can register with e-mail addresses that do not belong to them.
The newsletter registrations are recorded in order to be able to verify the registration process in accordance with legal requirements. This includes storing the time of registration and confirmation and the IP address. The changes to your data that is held by MailChimp are also recorded.
Use of the e-mail service provider “MailChimp”
The newsletter is dispatched by “MailChimp”, a newsletter distribution platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
The email addresses of our newsletter recipients and their further details described in this information are stored on the MailChimp servers in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. MailChimp can by its own admission also use this data to enhance or improve its own services, e.g. to technically enhance the dispatch procedure and display of the newsletter or for commercial purposes to be able to determine which countries the recipients are from. However, MailChimp will not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them itself or forward it to third parties.
You need to provide your e-mail address, first name and last name to register for the newsletter. This enables us to personalize our e-mail for you.
Statistical survey and analyses
Our e-mails contain a “web beacon”, i.e. a pixel-size file that is retrieved from the MailChimp server when opening e-mails. This initially involves technical information being retrieved such as information on the browser and your system as well as your IP address and the time of retrieval. This information is used to make technical improvements to services based on technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on their retrieval locations (that can be determined with the IP address) or access times.
The statistical surveys also involve determining whether the newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked on. This information may be assigned to individual newsletter recipients for technical reasons but it is neither our intention nor that of MailChimp to monitor individual users. The evaluations instead help us to recognize the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content based on our users’ interests.
Online access and data management
There are instances where we lead newsletter recipients to the MailChimp web pages, e.g. our newsletters contain a link, which newsletter recipients can use to access the newsletters online (e.g. if there are issues with displaying the newsletter in the e-mail program). Newsletter recipients may also correct data such as their email address retrospectively. The privacy statement of MailChimp can also only be accessed on its site.
Please be aware that cookies are used on the MailChimp web pages for this purpose and personal data is therefore processed by MailChimp, its partners and the service providers it uses (e.g. Google Analytics). We have no influence on this data collection. You can find more information in the privacy statement of MailChimp. We would also like to refer you to the possibilities of opting out of data collection for promotional purposes on the websites http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (for the European region).
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Connected third parties:
- Google Analytics
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.infoor youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made 01.04.2019.